Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Experimental Cocktails, Alina's GoodBye and New Shoes

Finals are halfway done! So much has been going on, I haven't been able to wrap my brain around it. On the West Coast, Seda has been apartment hunting for us and we seemed to have pinned one down, so keep your fingers crossed for us. My honeybunny whiskerbobes graduated with our amigos in Santa Cruz and I was bummed that I couldn't be there for the festivities, but so so so proud of him :-) On this coast, I have been studying to the point of brain atrophy and wrapping up my school year with some fun things. Last week, Alina, Leiley, Maya, Petra and I went to the Experimental Cocktail Bar in Soho. We heard about it from a friend and the only thing to identify it is the blue door in the middle of Gerrard Street. It was two floors and had this speakeasy/vintage London vibe and we had amazing cocktails. All the girls each got a different cocktail, so we could have a little taster. One was called Tea in Africa - the main flavors were rooibos tea and some sort of peach mint liquor. Rob asked me "if it tasted like colonialism." LMAO. (Wow, I've never used that acronym before - can't say I like it, but it seemed approps.) I got one with Rhubarb and pink champagne. My favorite was called the Old Cuban, but I can't remember all the flavors. Tasted like heaven though.

The next day, we celebrate Alina's going away :-/ at the Breakfast Club with Leiley and Kumar. I'm going to miss Alina but she's onto bigger things, like an adorbz little puppy at home...






And then I splurged yesterday with these amazing shoes that were on sale at Kurt Geiger. I'm not even going to post the sale price because I'm scared of maternal retribution, but since my family were all having a great time in Santa Cruz and I had to take a final, I thought I would treat myself.
In the last few days, Leiley and I have been gymming it, I've been doing a ton of studying and we went on a lovely long walk through St. Pauls and down the Thames yesterday. (I'll post pics later.) For the rest of the week, more studying for finals, apartment organization, booking my trip to SF/Portland, more studying, and tonight, Maya, Leils and I are taking my shoes on a night out on the town (which will be a quiet night with a glass of wine at another cocktail bar we've been wanting to try.) xx







No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...