Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Summer Night Speakeasy - Varnish

118 E 6th St.

Los Angeles, CA 90014

My friend Anthony is a huge fan of Cole's (famed as the creator of the original French Dip) but I haven't been yet. I know, I really need to get on that. However, I had an opportunity to try out the “secret” speakeasy in the back of Cole's, called Varnish. I. Love. It. It reminds me of the Shady Lady in Sacramento – the waitresses are dressed in this adorable retro-esque clothing and the bar low-lit, dark polished wood, and cozy. It's perfect for small groups or couples. I tried the three house beers – the hefe, the stout and the lager (?). By the third one, I was a little tipsy, so I'm not sure. The hefe was my favorite, although no surprise there. I would love to go back and try the cocktails as Anthony said they were great, but that night was slightly more chill. I think it would a great place for dinner and drinks before going out. (Images courtesy of Yelp.)




1 comment:

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...