Thursday, October 27, 2011

More Urth and Real Food Daily

Cool, I've been to Urth more than I've been to the library this week. But it's been good for my soul :-) I just can't get enough of the Spanish lattes so Vivs and I studied there on Tuesday and got a cheese platter (brain food obvs.)

Yesterday, I met Tawsh for dinner at Real Food Daily after we perused the Anthro sale. Last time we were there together, we saw Rachel Bilson and almost died. After drooling for a little bit, we toddled over to RFD for some wholesome goodies. After debating for like half our lives, we decided on the Winterfish IPA (definitely a brighter, seasonal IPA) and then embarked on the seacakes, which were sweet potatos, sea vegetables (?) with an aioli and and pesto. Heavenly. The thing with vegan food is that vegan chefs try so much harder to create complex and delicious flavors to compensate for the lack of animal products. And it pays off. The texture was amazing and bites just sort of exploded on your palette. GET THE SEACAKES. Then we had vegan pizza on cornmeal crust. I love cashew cheese and this pizza was no exception to my vegan pizza obsession. I do have to say that I prefer Pizzanista or the Pizza Research Institute in Eugene, OR (cool name-dropping), but this was definitely a strong contender.








After inhaling our meals, we rolled down to Barney's with Grant and I order the Seadog Blueberry beer, which essentially smells and tastes like a blueberry muffin. Yum. And Veronica met us! I just can't get enough of her - she is so funny and sweet.

I had to peace early to drive home, but I love my honeybunnies.

Tawsh and Grant are embarking on an amazing trip to Costa Rica; they leave Tuesday and won't be home till December 14. I really don't know what I'll do without them. Those two keep me laughing, grounded, and inspired on a daily basis. But at least I'll have finals to distract me, right? I'm so happy (and a tad jealous) that they get to go on this phenomenal trip and I know they will have an absolutely fabulous time! Love you, TG!


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...