Thursday, October 6, 2011

Updates, Music, and Vegan Thai at Bulan

I'm woke up with the blindingly bright sun in my eyes this morning, which is beautiful, but I'm missing the rain already. Aviva and I spent three hours reviewing property problems yesterday, so I am feeling much better about my upcoming midterm - yay finite estates and fee simples! And things seem to be shaping up nicely with my move, although if someone could organize and pack my closet that would be amazing. I'm blogging and reviewing for the next couple of hours, then class and then memo drafting. I'm hoping to get enough done to do dinner with Devon and my brother tomorrow and then to hit up First Friday in Venice with my girl, Priyah. In another news, I have two random songs on repeat that are making me flashback to being the uber-cool and well-adjusted preteen I was in 2000. Except this music is cooler. The 12 year old me would love to be Willow Smith, Nicki Minaj, or Cher Lloyd - omg especially now that Cher has the half-shaved head look... dude, my alter-ego is all about that. Um - also I love Mike Posner. Like a lot. Half of me is so over the moon about these legit collabs. And my other half is embarrassed. Anyway, listen and tell me what you think. And then read my review for Bulan Thai (see below) and order some delish noodles.



Bulan: 4114 Santa Monica Blvd

When Rob and Carrie came to visit, we went to Bulan at Carrie's request and met our friends Veronica and Zubeida for a hangover lunch. Thai after a night out can be a. really successful or b. really not. Thankfully, it was the former. After getting rather turned around on our way there, we finally arrived at Bulan which situated at an awkward corner divide off of Santa Monica in a 50s style, angled building. I ordered the Kow Soi Northern Thai Curry Noodles, served with their chicken with carrots, onions, chili oil, sprouts, lime and pickled mustard. Other dishes ordered included the hot wings and Pad See-Ew. So funny story, I didn't realize that Bulan was solely a vegetarian/vegan restaurant. When the waiter asked me what meat I wanted, I saw chicken on the menu and opted for that rather than tofu. And the chicken was tremendously delicious and tender and had absorbed the curry so well. I was stunned. My chicken is rarely that successful. Until I realized, that the chicken was fake. Super fake. But super amazingly fake. In fact, I wouldn't have even noticed if Carrie hadn't pointed it out. The hot wings were delicious and they even shaped them like real hot wings, but were a little on the fake side, though that didn't detract from the stellar taste. Definitely a new fave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...