Saturday, May 12, 2012

{On the Town} Salvage and Edendale

Yesterday was a frustrating one. Although Evan and I worked all day at the DTLA library, my understanding of damages calculations went from um, zero to uh, zil. Irritating. I think we were just making it more complicated than our professor will. I hope. So then Evan and I tried out the Salvage Happy Hour and had Stone IPA. Thank god for Stone. We were on the patio which was perfect for the weather but all the smokers were a little much to deal with.

At which point, I toddled back to the libs and worked on problems till I met the old roomies, Alene, Aline, and Seds, at Edendale. Edendale is a chic gastropub type place in Silverlake off Rowena. Anthony recommended this restaurant to me a few months ago and it's centrally located for all us girls. First off, the ambience is tremendous - beautiful woods, lovely outdoor space, low-lit, and intimate. It would be a great date spot (you know if I did those,) yet it was also perfect for a group of four of us. And the food and drink? Like stop. So good. Alene and I both had the The Eden Dip, which was an upscale version of French Dip: oxtail, gouda, and a rich, rich, au jus. So delicious, but rich. It was perfectly prepared and the balance of flavors was en pointe. I'm glad I got the salad as a side instead of the fries, because it was already overwhelmingly rich. I also had the Anciano Reserva 04 tempranillo, which was on the sweeter side and full-bodied. I think the pinot would have been a better pairing, bc there were just a lot of flavors going on. Then we ended with a chocolate waffle with caramelized banana. It was as good as it sounds. But the best part is just being with my girls. I miss living with all of them, and the stories, and outrageous sense of humor. LOVELOVELOVLEOVELOVELOVLEOVLEOVLEO.

 Currently at the Silverlake Public Library with Evan, attempting more contracts problems and we're thinking of vegan food for lunch :-)

 Some good music:

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...