Saturday, June 2, 2012

Updates + Primitivo Wine Bar


 Dins with Priyah in Venice
  

So this week has been crayyyyyyyy. I started work on Tuesday at the LA City Attorney in the family violence unit, which covers child abuse, domestic violence, elder abuse, etc., both misdemeanor and felony cases. I've been working a ton, i.e. motions, order, briefs, manuals, points and authorities, and I got to go to court on Thursday and it's just plain amazing. The office is dynamic and high pressure and there are about 15 attorneys, I get to work with every day. Currently, I'm working on a points and authorities on when and how to serve minor witnesses when their parent/guardian is the defendant in a child abuse case. It may sound a little grim, but as an avid follower of Law and Order: SVU, this is dream come true.

This week, I also got to have lunch with my favorite journalist, Anthony, at the LA Farmer's Market - yummy BBQ chicken and I've fallen in love with the iced americanos at Groundwork. One day, I worked 11.5 hours with a 30 minute break for coffee, so those are going to be my saving grace.

Other fun things this week:

- The Gold Room with Evan and company for PBRs. So hipster-y and dive-y. Love it.
- Brunch at 26 Beach with Veronica last Saturday - S'more French toast with Nutella. I had two bites - it was so sweet, but soooooo good. And seeing V always puts me in a good mood. Plus she is moving to DTLA, so hopefully I'll get to see her more often!
- Yoga with Steph at Lululemon, lattes at Caffe Luxxe, and a beach day with Katie - it was far too wonderful of day; those girls spoil me with their amazingness.



- Memorial Day BBQ with Steph at Venice Beach - we had these phenomenal cookies and waded in the water



- Smoothies at Silver Lake Juice and Tea. I got the Hurricane Chuck with espresso, cacao nibs, almond milk, and a whole bunch of yummy vegan things.
- Apt hunting. I'm looking for a room or studio in Silver Lake or Echo Park. I saw three places this week - a house of artists by the reservoir (walking distance to La Mill); an apartment in Echo Park with two boys, walking distance to Thirsty Crow, but a little, um, decrepit; then a house a block from Stories, butttt too many people I think. All the places were super cute, but there isn't any rush. I want to find somewhere that I can see myself living for at least the next year with legit people, so wish me luck!

SOOOO, last night Priyah, Evan, and I hit up the Abbot Kinney First Friday. It was jam-packed but so fun. We ended up taking a break from humanity and having wine and tapas at Primitive Wine Bistro, which I had seen on Thrillist. We tried a South African syrah (Porcupine), which was spicy and fruity. And we also shared a hummus plate and cured meat platter. It was so relaxing and fun. The wine selection was phenomenal and the food was carefully chosen and prepared. The service was ridiculously good. And Priyah and Evan are two of my favorite people so it was a wonderful way to end my hectic week. I think I could get used to this whole working thing :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...