Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Hermosillo on York

The Hermosillo, 5125 York Blvd., Highland Park.  



c/o LA Times



My jetsetter amigo, Greg, just returned from a Europe/NYC trip (super-jeal), so V, Evan and I met him at The Hermosillo on York Blvd. in Highland Park. I tried the Firestone DBA - that stuff is strong and has an unique and extremely alcoholic taste. It's not my faves Firestone but as Evan says, it gets the job done. Then I had the Oskar Blues Dale's Pale Ale, which I had had before but couldn't quite remember. But this second time, I loved it. On the shortlist for the rest of the summer.

The Hermosillo has a Cuban-y, 40s feel. The bartenders are cute, the craft beers well selected, and a cozy feel. I love the lay-out - easy flow, spacious. And it was a wonderful place to catch up with Greg and also to meet the owner's (housemate's) dog - a beautiful choco lab named Frank. He was the highlight of my evening :-)

In other news, I made the most horrendous vegan carrot muffins. They are like carrot-y sponges with an odd, stretchy casing. However, nutella makes everything better.


Off to brief writing. Muchos besos.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...