Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Foodie Tuesday

Well I was trying to be good for the next two weeks before I go to Outside Lands (!!!) But then, my fellow externs and I grabbed bacon wrapped hot dogs from a stand on Sixth and Los Angeles and Babycakes donuts at lunch. Babycakes is a bakery that specializes in vegan, organic, gluten-free deliciousness. We had the cookie crumble donut and the maple drizzle donut. Denser than I expected, but delicious. The maple drizzle really impressed me because it had a buttery, rich topping that was butter-free.

As if that wasn't enough, I came home and indulged in part of a Bad Boy sandwich from Marios in Glendale. I inhaled the rest today at work. My roommate always brings home these wonderfully decadent sandwiches and finally, one was brought home for me! Woooo! The bad boy had honey maple turkey and BBQ mesquite chicken with lettuce, tomato, onion, must/mayo, honey mustard, mozzarella cheese, avocado and spicy peppers. OMG delish.





Then I decided to make a chocolate toffee banana flax bread. I used this recipe, but added a bit of chocolate and toffee instead of making the topping. This was my second experiment with flax. I made vegan organic carrot muffins last week, but no fat and mucho flax was not good. They had a dense spongey consistency with very little flavor. HOWEVER, this bread was a hit. In fact, my housemates and friends polished it off rather quickly. I think the eggs and the oil helped moisten the flax and chocolate and toffee always make food better :-)



After that, Evan, Christable, Jacy, Ellie and I hit El Prado in Echo Park and met Greg and other friends. I hadn't been before, but the vibe was just right for a low-key, Tuesday night out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...