Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Weekend in SF

I've been feeling a little up and down for the last couple of weeks. After Halloween, I had a crazy amount of work and then my housemate left for Sierra Leone for the month. I was just feeling a bit overwhelmed and a little uninspired. Enter my cure-all: my besties up in SF. V and I left Friday afternoon with the pup and arrived in SF at 11, after quick pitstops to Target and In n Out.

Max, Grant and Rob were there to meet us at Rob's fancy, beautiful new apartment a couple of blocks from Golden Gate Park (Hellloooo outside lands). We hit Blackthorn Tavern and then a party celebrating a wedding. I'm not sure whose wedding it was, so um yeah.





The next morning, Carrie came over and we did a quick walk in the park and then pick up the posse (plus Will and his lovely gf) and headed to Pasion. Bottomless mimosas. Creed renditions. You know, the normal.


My two fave girls and mimosas


We all went back and napped for a few hours and then Carrie, V and I had wine and siracha hot wings at Social Gastropub. Classsyyyy. It took us a bit to get back in our groove, we were pretty dead but soon picked up some steam. After warming up a bit, we walked back to Rob, Eric and Will's place where a party was well underway. Alicia and Conner came up from Felton and I was so happy to see them. The most wonderful and hilarious couple. Conner was really our knight in shining armor. There was really only a bed in the front area so Sophie, Lolly and I held court in the bed the whole night while the party carried on. 

Carrie, Me and Soph recovering during the party
The always stunning Alicia
My lovely friend Tawsh
Paige, Kevin, Tawsh and Soph





After it wound down at 4, about 12 of us piled up in the room for a massive sleepover. Then the pup woke us up at 9 and Grant, Veronica, Max and I headed out with the pup for coffee from The Beanery, baked goods from Arizmendi, and a jaunt through the farmers market.



Then Grant played a few songs for us, before we (plus Rob and Eric) got dim sum for lunch, and Ritual Coffee for the traditional latte and iced americano time.


private concert NBD

Cuddle Time with Uncle Rob

Max and the baby post party

Then V, Soph and I headed back playing Celine Dion and Hanson for the better part of the ride home.

This was exactly what I needed. To be with the people I love, enjoying good food and drink in a gorgeous city. I can't express how grateful I am for these people to be in my life and supporting me, no matter how much of a drama queen I can be. Love forever.

Oh and then I got published.

Keurig K-Cup 18-Pk. Green Mountain Coffee Breakfast Blend Coffee (Google Affiliate Ad)

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...