Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Black Hogg

Saturday was a beautiful way to start Spring Break. Ellie, Jacy and I grabbed iced americanos and hiked with the pups at Elysian before doing a short workout. Then I headed to Santa Monica to meet Christina and her lovely new bf, Brandon, for mimosas at Sonoma Wine Garden. SWG is beautiful and is on the top floor of the Samo mall. Brandon was able to get us a coveted spot outside and I tried the variety of delish mimosas: peach, apricot, elderflower, traditional and pomegranate. Yum. 




We then toddled down Third Street and did some shopping at Lush (where I got to see Ellie in action!) Christina and I then relaxed with some coffee and Brandon, who is an amazing musician, played us some music. 

Afterwards, I stopped home to cuddle with Sophs and then met V for a late dins at Black Hogg, which I have been wanting to try forever. I am so spoiled by dinner in LA. It's ridiculous. On the menu:


Popcorn Bacon with Maple Cream: Deep fried pork belly dipped in maple cream. UM. WHAT. I can't even talk about it. It was the best thing I have ever had in my life. It tasted like everything good about pancakes and bacon in a bite. I died so hard.





Carne Asada Fries: Meh. The carne asada was okay, but there was far too much lemon juice. A bit harsh on the tastebuds.

Brussel Sprouts Hash: We got two servings of these brussels with the delicious poached yolky egg and bacon vinaigrette. Perfectly cooked, beautifully flavored, so rich. Sometimes you think that veg is just veg, but dude, Black Hogg takes these brussels to a new level.

Roast Pork Belly, House-Made Corn Tortillas, Apple Slaw, Jalapeno Relish: I am just now realizing how much bacon, lardon, pork belly I had on Saturday. I'm actually okay with it. This was the most entree-ish thing we got and I can't imagine anything better. Beautiful contrast of flavors and textures. I'm drooling again, fml.

Chocolate Pot thing: Rich and dense and more dense and more rich and then chocolate and more chocolate. We couldn't actually finish it because it was so rich, but with the cab we were imbibing, it was such a lovely end to the meal.

Although the wait was bit long, the service was five-star. I need to go back for all the bacon dishes. Don't judge me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...