Friday, March 8, 2013

Wake Owl and Stout





Last night was much needed. Dianne and I met for dinner at Stout and then hit up hotel cafe for wake owl. I had the Six-Weeker Burger, fig, caramelized onions, and brie. OMG. Those are my three favorite things if you didn't know already. I also had a mediocre, too-light IPA that I can't remember the name of because I blocked it out. I would definitely go back if I were in the area for a show. I always end up going to Kitchen 24 or something, and I need a new stand-by. I also walked by one of my fave bars in the area, The Blue Boar, and was reminded that I need to go back. Any takers?

So Wake Owl was amazing. I don't think they have quite pinned down their style yet. It's still evolving but very organic. Generally folk-y in feel, the boys of the band had an Edward Sharpe feel - violin, tambourine, calico button downs and country boots. Gotta love it. They really were there to perform, strongly teasing the audience to "shut the fuck up" so we could hear them play. They did an acoustic version of one of their new songs and I might have died. Hotel Cafe has always been my go-to for a more intimate music venue and these guys were perfectly suited for it.  It was very sweet and untainted and thus, extremely relaxing, which my food coma could have helped with. 

Off to a hike and then some work shit. Hoping it doesn't rain. xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...