Wednesday, July 24, 2013

National Day in Brussels!

Alexandra and I arrived back in Brussels just in time for the National Day Celebration. National Day is, you guessed it, a National holiday celebrating the King. This was a particularly special National Day as the previous king, King Albert II, abdicated for his son Philippe. There was a festival, parade, marching bands, zip-lining, fireworks, waffles, wine, live music, etc. It was hectic and fun and there were soooooo many people. The energy was palpable and I learned a few new French songs. 

On Monday, Alexandra walked the entire city while I was at work and we met up with the crew for a Monday market with free-flowing wine and conversation. Alexandra left Tuesday and I was terribly homesick for a moment. So I bought beet juice, skyped my mom, who called Sophie a "pompous little brat," inhaled some pasta and read Rachel Maddow's book until I crashed.

I'm feeling a bit more chipper today and looking forward to Matheus' Italian dinner tonight and Elisa's arrival on Friday  :-)

A few photos:











No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...